ADDICTION TREATMENT FOR LAWYERS
Lawyers are far from immune from the grasp of addiction. In fact, a national study of nearly 13,000 licensed, employed lawyers published in the Journal of Addiction Medicine, found that lawyers struggle with substance abuse, particularly drinking, as well as depression and anxiety more than some other professionals.
Other highlights of the study include:
- 21 percent of licensed, employed attorneys qualify as problem drinkers
- 28% suffer from depression
- 19% show symptoms of anxiety
Indeed, the deadlines, long hours, and pressures felt by many lawyers can manifest in many health risks, including drug and alcohol abuse as well as co-occurring mental illnesses.
Our professionals program is designed to give lawyers a comfortable and confidential environment away from chemical substances and addictive triggers.
At Providence Treatment, our continuum of care provides lawyers with the support and skills needed to undergo rehab and to maintain sustained recovery as they return to their professions. We even work with your licensing authority, with your written permission, to communicate progress and recommendations toward re-entry into your profession.
Our addiction treatment for lawyers includes:
- Individual, group, and family therapy
- Traditional and holistic therapies for whole-person wellness
- Skills to return to your family and jobs without relapse
- Post-rehab support and monitoring
- Community giving back program
- Continuing care group for local alumni
If you or someone you love is a lawyer and needs help for substance use disorder, you’ve come to the right place. At Providence Treatment, it’s our goal to provide professionals (and their families) with the tools and strategies needed for early recovery and when they return to practicing law. To learn more, call 484-445-4145.