The Admissions Process
Providence Treatment personnel will perform the intake and admissions process at a time when the client’s immediate physiological effects of drug and alcohol have subsided. We will disclose to the client the criteria for admission, treatment, completion and discharge through the process of initial progress notes and an orientation packet. The client orientation packet will include the following:
- Nature and goals of the treatment, rules and responsibilities, and requirements for admission as well as completion of treatment
- Treatment schedule and services provided
- The treatment costs, including insurance coverage
Criteria for Admissions
The criteria for admission into our addiction treatment programs include:
- Clients must be age 18 and over
Providence Treatment provides impartial access to treatment regardless of creed, sex, ethnicity, color, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.
- Clients with stable physical conditions not requiring sub-acute admissions
- Clients with sufficient cognitive abilities to participate meaningfully in treatment
- All clients must be at minimal or no risk of danger to self or others
- Clients who are ambulatory and also able to commute himself or herself to and from Providence Treatment
- Clients showing evidence of recent psychoactive substance abuse, which requires monitoring or observation
- All clients must have an understanding of community support services as well as the processes to utilize these
- Clients who may have a co-occurring mental health diagnosis (e.g. depression, anxiety, PTSD, etc.)
Intake Made Easy
Once the client is admitted, we will immediately begin the intake process where we will collect the client’s medical history, substance abuse history, and personal history to allow us to formulate the basis from which the psychosocial evaluation and subsequent treatment plan can be developed. Our psychosocial evaluation will provide a composite picture of the client to identify possible relationships, conditions, and causes leading to the client’s current situation. Our preliminary treatment plan will be based on information derived from the intake information, initial interview, and the psychosocial evaluation.
For more information or to begin the admissions process, call Providence Treatment.
Proven Treatment for Substance Use & Behavioral Health Disorders
at our Boston & Philadelphia locations
Seeking help can be a life-changing decision. Providence Treatment’s programs provide clinically proven care and individualized support to help professionals achieve lasting recovery. We know enrolling in treatment can be complex; that’s why we dedicated ourselves to creating a seamless, stress-free admissions experience.