The New Year is the perfect time to set some new goals to make your recovery stronger and your new sober life more fulfilling. Here are a few ideas to get started:
- Resolve to make one positive lifestyle change. This can range from getting up an hour earlier to exercise to going to bed at the same time each night for a better sleep routine. The idea is to make it simple so you can stick with it over the course of the year and beyond.
- Resolve to meditate. Regular meditation is an excellent recovery tool that will help you lower stress or let go of any negative emotions that could trigger relapse.
- Resolve to spend time with positive pals. Now is the time to be choosy about your friends. This means surrounding yourself with optimistic, upbeat people who will rally behind you and leave you feeling positive.
- Resolve to try a new 12-step meeting. Whether you add a meeting to your weekly schedule or try a different meeting each month, this exercise can help you build confidence and widen your support system.
- Resolve to redefine fun. Being sober means having a chance to rediscover your passions and favorite pastimes. And doing something that you’re passionate about – that’s non-work related – can do wonders for your mental health and overall happiness.
- Resolve to be more mindful. Mindfulness teaches you to stay in the moment and to become fully aware of what you’re doing and how you’re feeling throughout the day.
- Resolve to give back. Being generous toward others is a great way to mitigate any negative feelings you may have about yourself. And helping those less fortunate will also encourage you to count your blessings and adopt an attitude of gratitude.
Resolve to Let Us Help You
Throughout the course of our Providence Professionals Program, we partner with our clients to achieve personal transformation and human flourishing. To learn more about our full continuum of addiction treatment services, call today: (866) 622-6211.